Thursday, January 6, 2011

"High-Tech" Tests

Conversation with a lady while in the waiting room at the doctor's office today:

Lady:  "Oh, twiiiiiiins!"
Me:  "Yep."
Lady:  "I bet it's a hassle to get them in and out of the car and lugged all the way up here."
Me:  "Yep, it's a lot of work."
Lady:  "Your stroller is humongous."
Me:  "It kind of has to be.  It's sure helpful though."
Lady:  "Oh."

(insert a few minutes of silence.  I was desperately hoping this was the end of our conversation)

Lady:  "Soooo . . . they look EXACTLY alike."
Me:  "Really?  They look different to me, but I'm the Mom so of course they look different to me."
Lady:  "No, really.  They look identical.  Are they?"
Me:  "No, they aren't identical.  One's a boy and one's a girl."
Lady:  "I don't know. . . they look identical to me.  Maybe you should ask the doctor about it."
Me:  "Uhhh..."
Lady:  "I'd bet the doctor has a test he could run to check and see."
Me:  "Uhhh..."

Thankfully, that's when the nurse came out and called the lady back to see the doctor.  Random!  I love people and talking with people, but some people are a little crazy!  I'll get right on that "asking the doctor about it" thing.  But I'm pretty sure that after he runs his super high-tech "tests" (aka, looking in their diapers), he'll come to the intellectual conclusion that they are, in fact, not identical.

People make me laugh.  If you don't have anything smart to say, please, PLEASE don't say anything at all.

:0)

1 comment:

MOM said...

Don't be too hard on the "dummies" sometimes people just don't think about what they are saying. It kinda sounds like something dumb i might say-haha!