Thursday, June 17, 2010

Twice the Love



I realize that I complain a lot about this pregnancy. It's true, I am miserable. Aside from all the discomforts I've had with this pregnancy, I am truly grateful for being blessed with twins. I feel like it's such a miracle and sometimes I feel like I'm pressing my luck asking for two healthy babies.

The most amazing thing I've experienced with this pregnancy (besides the awesome sensation of feeling two separate beings move inside me), is the love I feel for both babies. I feel just as much love for each child as I do for my other children. It amazes me that I can love them so completely and so separately at the same time. I have so much love for each of these babies - as two separate children.

It's hard to express in words, but it is such a neat experience to feel such immense love for these two babies. I can't wait to meet them. I'm sure the feeling of love will be even more overwhelming.

3 comments:

Dani Brems said...

I think the only way a baby comes into the world is with a little misery, a little luck, and a LOT of love. So happy for you Jenny.

Janell R. Cropper said...

When I was suffering with discomforts of carrying only one child, I asked Sheri why I had to go through it. Being the amazing profound person she is, she simply said, "You love what you sacrifice for." I think that definitely explains the love you can have for each child :) i can't wait to meet them either.

Mom said...

It helps you understand how our Heavenly Father can love all the whole world!! It is amazing! You love them, not only because you are sacrificing for them, but also because you know how much Heavenly Father must love you to have blessed you with them! Ain't LOVE grand!