Monday, February 15, 2010

Overflowing Heart

There is nothing in the world like hearing/seeing your baby's heartbeat. Now imagine the joy I feel when I see TWO heartbeats! It's honestly indescribable.

Today I had a great doctor's appointment. He was just doing an ultrasound to make sure everything still looked good. I'm always nervous before appointments (I'm sure you'd understand why).

At first the doctor just looked at one baby, checked the heartbeat and said, "Ok, your baby looks great! See you in four weeks!" I gave him a confused look and said, "Well, are both babies okay?" Once again, he turned red. He was embarrassed because he had totally forgotten that I was having twins! He humbly started the ultrasound again and saw the other baby. I was happy to see that the second baby had a strong heartbeat and was moving around like crazy. It was almost comical to watch this little baby move. It was like the baby was showing off, saying, "Oh, you couldn't see me before?? Watch this!!!"

My heart is overflowing today. I feel so blessed. I know I've got a long way to go with this pregnancy, but at this point in time, I couldn't ask for anything more. I'm just enjoying the moment.

No comments: