Friday, March 5, 2010

Just Say NO!

I've always been the type of person to say YES whenever anyone needs me to do something or be somewhere. Being pregnant with twins, I'm learning that I have to start saying NO to things. It's difficult for me to do! I've always been able to help others out and keep up with life, but I'm just finding it too hard these days.

Do I want to help cook meals for three neighbors? Yes. But can I currently do that? No.

Do I want to help cover someone's teaching day at preschool? Yes. But can I quickly run errands and plan a lesson in a few hours? No.

Do I want to work through the end of the season? Yes! But can I realistically do that when I am so tired and sore? No, not even close.

Do I want to carry my daughter and take her to play at the park? Certainly! But is it in the best interest of these babies for me to do so? No.

Can I shop at Walmart for more than 20 minutes? No. Can I show my dancers how to do pirouettes and leaps? No. Can I fly my daughter around the room and listen to her giggle? No. Can I travel for three hours one-way to attend a family event? Probably not.

As you can see, I'm learning to say NO. I don't always like it and it's not always easy, but I'm going to do whatever it takes to get these babies here healthy. So if you are a recipient of one of my NOs, I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you one day!

Just try to remember that saying NO right now means saying YES to healthy babies later on!!!

3 comments:

Janell R. Cropper said...

I'm glad you came to our blessing. I didn't expect you to, and hope you are able to take it easy often!

C.LEE said...

sounds like you have got this pregnancy figured out! i am sure everyone understands that you are limited in what you can do right now, you seem so sweet! we really need to meet sometime! (after the babies are born so i can meet them)

Kristen said...

Good for you! There is a time and a season for everything, so don't feel bad for the things you can't do right now. It's better for the babies and for your health to not overly stress yourself. I've had to learn to say no even more since starting school. I think I might be too good at it now though ;).